- Do to each of us what he allegedly did to Saul on the road to Damascus?
- Become incarnate and perform public miracles at every generation, as he allegedly did to Moses and as Jesus?
- Spontaneously appear and end a famine, stop a war, cure a disease or prevent a natural disaster?
Why didn't he:
- Create a universe, solar system and life on earth in such a way that it is totally unexplainable by science, and leaving him as the only possible explanation above all other possible gods?
- Create life on earth so that it cannot be explain by ideas of common descent and divergence; so that comparative anatomy and physiology can find no connections or similarities between different species; that there are no classes intermediate between fish and mammals, or similarities between humans and other life forms; that each species had an entirely different genetic code, or no code at all; with no fossil evidence suggesting an evolutionary process with regular extinctions?
- Create a flat earth so it could not be logically explained any other way than by divine creation?
- Create an earth with no geological evidence suggesting it is very old and has formed by a dynamic process over a very long time?
- Created an earth with no evidence of unintelligent design?
- Created a monument to Abraham which could be accurately dated?
- Arranged for there to be archaeological and independent historical evidence of the Exodus, the wandering of the Israelites in Sinai, the destruction of the Canaanites, the massive economic collapse of Egypt following the plagues and the loss of it's slave population, etc?
- Left unarguable evidence of a universal flood and made remains of Noah's Ark easy to find and validate?
Why doesn't he:
- Make Christians nicer people who actually do what they tell others they should do?
- Answer prayers in ways too obvious to be disputed, making Christians people we can go to to get our problems sorted by prayer?
- Produce evidence that prayer works so that scientific studies would always show overwhelming evidence of their efficacy?
- Create a single, world-wide religion?
- Predict future events precisely so that we can see clearly the validity of the prediction?
- Create a religion which, unlike all other known religions, is not disbelieved by a majority of the world's people?
In short, why doesn't the Judeo-Christian god seem to want people to believe in him? (Tweet this)
For more on this, see John W. Loftus, "Why I Became An Atheist"