Are you REALLY telling you children to look to the god of the Bible for moral guidance?
Are you REALLY telling them to follow the example of a god who:
- Intended to destroy all life on earth save a few randomly chosen lucky ones as in the Flood story.
- Killed every firstborn Egyptian just to soften Pharaoh's 'heart' which he had deliberately hardened in the first place.
- Told Joshua to kill all the inhabitants of the Promised Land.
- Told Saul to obliterate the Amalekites (1 Samuel 15:3).
- Is please with anyone who dashes Babylonian babies against rocks (Psalms 137:9).
- Was going to destroy the people of Nineveh.
- Destroyed and scattered the tribes of northern Israel because he was displeased with them.
- Allowed Satan to destroy Job's family and health to win a bet.
- Will destroy all unbelievers in the lake of fire.
- Decreed that any man who picked up sticks on the Sabbath should be stoned to death (Numbers 15:32-36).
- Commanded that anyone who cursed his mother or father was to be put to death (Exodus 21:17).
- Ordered that witches and anyone with a differing religion were to be killed (Exodus 22:18).
- Declared that a slave is the property of another man (Exodus 21:21).
- Said that female captive in war were to be forced to be Israelite men's wives (Deuteronomy 21:10-14).
- Decreed that if a virgin who was pledged to be married was raped she was to be stoned to death (Deuteronomy 22:23-24).
- Decreed that if a virgin who was not pledged to be married was raped she must marry her rapist (Deuteronomy 22:28-29).
- Ordered Israelite men to divorce their wives if they were not themselves Israelite (Ezra 9).
- Told Abraham to kill and sacrifice his son.
- Sent his own son to confirm these laws (Matthew 5:17).
- Had his own son killed to appease himself.
Are you REALLY telling your children to follow this bloodthirsty, barbaric, vindictive, misogynistic, genocidal, psychopath who apparently believes the blood sacrifice of an innocent person can absolve other people of the wrongs they've done?
If so, just how do you expect your children to turn out? With this role model, is it remotely likely to be kind, caring and compassionate people who value all people for who they are, not what they are, what they think, where they were born or how much they own?
Wouldn't you rather teach them to be decent human beings?